Andrews Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church South (Webster Parish, La.) records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of a church register and property record for Andrews Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church South (Webster Parish, La.). The church register contains the following sections: pastors (1892-1914), marriages (1894), baptisms (1886-1913), members (1871-1933), and an annual summary of members (1893-1912). The property record is dated 1875.
- 1871 - 1933
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Centenary College of Louisiana Archives and Special Collections. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
According to Webster Parish property records, Andrews Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church South acquired land in 1875 to locate their church. The church was part of the Ringgold Circuit. Some members of the congregation are buried at Andrews Chapel Cemetery, located on Franklin Road, west of United States Highway 371; the cemetery is approximately 7 miles north of Ringgold, Louisiana.
Language of Materials
This item is organized by subject, then chronologically.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Collection transferred in 1990.
- Finding Aid to the Andrews Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church South (Webster Parish, La.) records
- Olivia Brignac and Chris Brown
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description