Ball United Methodist Church (Ball, La.) records
Scope and Contents
This collection documents the activities of Ball United Methodist Church (Ball, La.). Early church registers contain information about other nearby congregations: Locust Grove Church, Bethel Church, Pleasant Grove Church, Hickory Grove Church, Cypress Grove Church, Barron Chapel Church, Clear Creek Church, Bentley Church, and Spring Hill Church. The collection includes registers, membership records, quarterly conference records, charge conference records, board meeting minutes, historical documents, property records, financial records, Woman’s Society of Christian Service records, and certificates.
- 1902 - 2004
- Ball United Methodist Church (Ball, La.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Physical rights are retained by the Centenary College of Louisiana Archives and Special Collections. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.
Biographical / Historical
Ball United Methodist Church (Ball, La.) traces its history to 1910 when a church was built on the property of J.F. Ball and Brothers Lumber Company. In 1911, the church was deeded to the Methodist Protestant Church. In 1945, the congregation dedicated a newly constructed building. The church closed in 2005.
1 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Arranged by subject, then chronologically.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Collection transferred circa 2005.
- Administrative records
- Church records and registers -- Louisiana -- Rapides Parish
- Financial records
- Methodist Church (U.S.). Louisiana Conference (South Central Jurisdiction)
- Methodist Church (U.S.). Louisiana Conference. Woman's Society of Christian Service
- Methodist Protestant Church (U.S. : 1830-1939). Louisiana Conference
- Minutes (administrative records)
- Property records
- United Methodist Church (U.S.). Louisiana Conference
- Finding Aid to the Ball United Methodist Church (Ball, La.) records
- Olivia Brignac and Chris Brown
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description