Melville Methodist Church (Melville, La.)
Melville Methodist Episcopal Church South (Melville, La.) was organized in 1886. In 1887, the congregation purchased an abandoned Baptist church building and moved it to Church Street. In 1894, this building was destroyed in a storm and rebuilt. In 1949, the congregation sold their church building and property to construct a new church located at the intersection of First and Payton Streets.