Floyd United Methodist Church (Floyd, La.)
Floyd United Methodist Church (Floyd, La.) was originally incorporated in 1857 as the Floyd Methodist Episcopal Church South. News about the church occasionally appears in the New Orleans Christian Advocate newspaper such as the following examples: work on building a church and parsonage (July 10, 1858), purchase of parsonage (April 6, 1859), parsonage destroyed by the Federal army in 1863 and new one purchased in 1873 (May 8, 1873), congregation dedicated a new church building (December 14, 1893). Records created between 1880 and 1907 indicate the Floyd congregation regularly held quarterly conference meetings with other nearby churches: Antioch (West Carroll Parish, La.), Bayou Macon, Grand Lake, Lee Vaughn, Live Oak, Midway (Richland Parish, La.), Oak Grove (Oak Grove, La.), Pleasant Hill, Smith’s Chapel, Vista Ridge (West Carroll Parish), and Watson. Floyd United Methodist Church was discontinued in 2001.