Bayou Chicot and White’s Chapel Circuit Methodist Episcopal Church South
The Bayou Chicot and White’s Chapel Circuit of the Louisiana Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church South appears to have formed in 1895, though it included some long-established congregations. The circuit was part of the Alexandria District in central Louisiana. In December 1898, the Louisiana Conference realigned congregations to form the Chicot and Washington Circuit (Alexandria District) and the Lecompte and White’s Chapel Circuit (Alexandria District). Quarterly conference reports dated 1897 to 1903 indicate the circuits included the following congregations: Bayou Chicot, Bayou Clair, Bethel, Elm Bayou, New Haven, Turkey Creek, Washington, Waxia, and White’s Chapel.