Goodwill Methodist Church (Goodwill, La.)
Goodwill Methodist Church (Goodwill, La.) was organized in 1940 as the Boeuf River Methodist Church. By 1951, the congregation’s name had changed to Goodwill. In 1966, the Louisiana Conference of the Methodist Church (South Central Jurisdiction) formally declared the church discontinued.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The Goodwill Methodist Church (Goodwill, La.) records consist of membership records (1940-1965), quarterly conference records (1950-1960), official board meeting minutes (1963-1965), financial records (1942-1966), and property records (1947-1954). A church register (1940-1953) contains the standard sections (pastors, baptisms, members), but also includes additional information (finances, land deed, charter).