Minden District of the Louisiana Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church South
The Minden District of the Louisiana Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church South (MECS)
formed in 1924. Prior to 1924, many of the churches that made up the Minden District belonged to two
other districts – the Alexandria District and the Ruston District.
In 1925, the Minden District reported 6,484 members, 22 pastoral charges, 65 congregations, and 58 church buildings. The district consisted of congregations in northwest and central Louisiana stretching from Springhill to Ferriday.
In 1933 – the final year of the Minden District – the district reported 6,570 members, 17 pastoral charges, and 52 church buildings. The following year, the majority of the district’s churches had joined the Alexandria District and the Shreveport District.